Édugéo: Development of a mini-GIS with features allowing to meet the teaching needs of the French National Education.
- Educational GIS
- Web site : http://www.edugeo.fr
True educational geoportal, Edugéo is a service, accessible via the Internet, designed by the IGN (Institut National de l’Information Géographique et Forestière) in partnership with the French Ministry of National Education and using the technology of the GeoPortal (www.geoportail.fr) for its online mapping interface. It is aimed at students and teachers of primary and secondary schools.
Edugéo offers a platform for teachers and students (mainly schools and colleges) for viewing, using and analyzing geographic data of the GN as support to learning geography.
The Édugéo service is divided into several parts:
- a website made of pages accessible by the general public access and restricted pages based on difference profiles: teachers, students, inspectors history/geography;
- visualization of spatial data in 2D and 3D (IGN data, maps and old aerial photos, SPOT, etc.);
- tool sketch maps online;
- a community space;
- a download area;
- a software called mini-SIG and downloadable from the web page.
Desktop GIS application. The mini-GIS runs on Windows, Ubuntu 10.04 LTS and MAC OS X. Based on QGIS, the application covers the following functional scope:
- display data from a WMS-C (geoportal IGN);
- access to export/import sources of geographic data;
- coordinate system and reprojection of spatial data;
- data representation and thematic analysis;
- creating objects and data backup;
- semantic queries;
- spatial queries;
- display the legend
- printing and layout.
- Python Development on QGIS
- OGS Web-services