In this Puppet Architect training you will learn how to design your own infrastructure and define your own right way to implement Puppet.
Camptocamp: #1 Puppet expert since 2007! – Puppet Architect
- Active user and contributor of Puppet since 2007 : discover Camptocamp’s published Puppet modules here on GitHub;
- Our Puppet Architect training team holds the Puppet Professional certification, which allows us to give the whole set of Puppet Labs’ training courses, and prepare the students for the certification program;
- Several IT teams have already been trained by Camptocamp, in particular among private companies (finance, IT, telecommunications…), world-renowned research centers and public administrations.
Puppet Architect training: dates and locations
- Private training sessions can also be organized across Europe upon request
Contact and booking
In Puppet Architect students will learn how to design their own infrastructure and define their own right way to implement Puppet. Students will use advanced Puppet DSL techniques affecting how modules are architected. Students will learn classification and data lookup techniques, and will be able to determine the most efficient and extensible architecture to scale Puppet to their own needs.
Target audience and prerequisites
The target audience for this Puppet Training include newer members at an organization already using Puppet, or experienced sysadmins wanting to bring Puppet into their team.
To complete the course successfully, attendees must have completed “Puppet Fundamentals” training or have equivalent hands-on experience with Puppet IT Automation software. Students should have a minimum of 1-2 years system admin experience, including in Linux/Unix environments.
- Designing and implementing an efficient development workflow.
- Designing complex Hiera datasource hierarchies.
- Sharing data between nodes via exported resources.
- Using MCollective from the command line to automate infrastructure orchestration.
- Estimating the number of nodes their Master(s) can support.
- Using r10k to automate Puppet code deployment.
- Dynamic provisioning strategies providing for rapid infrastructure scaling.
- Designing a scaled architecture for their infrastructure.
- Managing multiple Puppet environments in an effective manner.
- Interacting with the Puppet Master using the REST APIs.
- The underlying message passing protocol that MCollective is built on.
- Scaling the ActiveMQ messaging bus.
- Integrating Puppet with external tools via Hiera backends, report processors, etc.
This Advanced Puppet Training will mix theory and practice, balancing 50% lecture with 50% hands-on exercises.
- Public training in France or Switzerland: please contact us
- Private training: please contact us