GeoNetwork is an Open Source GIS solution for cataloging metadata management.
GeoNetwork is based on several international standards for the storage and exchange of metadata (ISO, OGC, etc.).
GeoNetwork is a fast developing application and with a growing community.
- View the interests and limitations of GeoNetwork as part of a Web GIS architecture
- Understand the main OGC, ISO, W3C and European directives (INSPIRE) for metadata
- Be autonomous in the installation and the configuration of GeoNetwork
- Understand the French features related to metadata
- GIS architecture managers
- GIS developers
- Knowledge of the architecture of the OGC Web Service
- Metadata and cataloging
- Cataloging tools
- Presentation of main metadata norms
- Dublin Core, ISO 19xxx, etc.
- Data and services metadata
- INSPIRE metadata
- Cataloging norms
- Catalog queries and harvesting
- Administration module
- Query module
- Metadata entry
- Tool customization (IHM, etc.)
- Data storage in a SGBD
- Harvesting with GeoNetwork
- CG 64 (FR)
- Ministère de la Culture (FR)
- Pays Viennois (FR)
- IRD (FR)
- Lyonnaise des Eaux (FR)
- AGURAM (FR)
- INRA (FR)
- Contact us
Additional dates can be scheduled upon request (Lausanne, Paris, Toulouse or Chambéry).
- Upon request
- Tax exempt if training is part of convention