Camptocamp is proud to announce the first release of Studio, an admin tool for MapServer.
Studio allows the web administrator to manage the geodata, to stylize them with a wysiwyg MapFile editor and to create a custom thematisation.
Studio allows to edit MapServer Mapfiles, using an easy-to-use web-based interface. It provides graphical tools (such as sliders and color pickers) for editing styles and symbols ; it also offers a tool for automatic classification and allows saving layers as templates for reuse.
Studio is covered by the GPLv3 Open Source license and based on the following modern frameworks and libraries, including (but not limited to):
To know more about this project, feel free to use the Studio demo available here:
With this 0.5 release, Camptocamp would like to measure the interest of the community and partners in such a tool.
Since there is still some work to do before reaching the 1.0 Studio release, we are encouraging interested folks to test Studio, sign up to the Google Group, and provide us with their feedback.
– Instalation instructions: http://camptocamp.github.com/Studio/installation_guide.html
– Google Group: http://groups.google.com/group/studio-discuss
– Documentation: http://camptocamp.github.com/Studio/
– Code base: https://github.com/camptocamp/Studio
– Studio on PyPI : http://pypi.python.org/pypi/Studio
Camptocamp would like to thank you in advance for your contributions and inputs!