Dear OpenERP community,
We have all been working for years hand in hand with OpenERP, and great work has been achieved since. Eight months ago, Camptocamp was pushing the community further by suggesting a new organization on Launchpad (the development platform) to better work together.
This information was relayed on the following blog: https://www.camptocamp.com/actualite/new-community-organization-for-openerp/ This new organization allowed to put in place lots of good practices used in other big Open Source projects such as: code and peer reviews, teams of people and projects organized by topic, and a real structure to manage and promote the meritocracy between us all. From there, other great contributors joined us. Today, the community reviewer team is composed of 11 partners, the most active and invested being: Camptocamp, Therp, Savoir Faire Linux, Vauxoo, Akretion.
Today, the time has come to go even further. Initiated by Camptocamp, in collaboration with Therp, Savoir Faire Linux, Vauxoo and Akretion, the worldwide „OpenERP Community Association“ has now been created!
The OpenERP Community Association, or OCA, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of the OpenERP features, and to promote the widespread use of OpenERP. The association provides financial, organizational and legal support to the broader OpenERP Open Source community. It also serves as an independent legal entity to which community members can contribute the code, the funding and other resources, with the knowledge that their contributions will be maintained for public benefit.
The association’s projects are all freely available and usable under an OSI-certified open source license
- Help and promote the collaborative software development of OpenERP;
- Encourage the development of OpenERP and its features while coordinating and organizing the collaborative work on the software;
- Assist the community while defending its interests and the sustainability of its developments;
- Promote the use of the OpenERP solution;
- Facilitate synergies, collaborations and fund raising efforts;
- Actively collaborate on the definition of the roadmaps of new versions of the tool and their implementation.
Camptocamp would like to thank the other founding members for their support in this initiative!
Find out more about the OpenERP Community Association and join us on the official website.