Get started with Open Source Puppet with this 3-day training, using Foreman/Puppetboard and r10k.
Summary of this training
After 10 years of existence, Puppet has now become an industry standard in configuration management. This training will teach you how to take advantage of Puppet’s powerful features to automate your configurations. Based on Camptocamp’s own production experience, it will teach you how to make good use of r10k to setup a workflow for your team.
This training can be taught using either a Foreman installation or Camptocamp’s Dockerized Puppet stack.
Dates and locations
- Private training sessions can be organized across Europe upon request
Contact and booking
At the end of this Puppet training, you will be able to automate machine configurations using Puppet, and set up a Puppet workflow for your team using Git and r10k.
Target audience and prerequisites
- Developers, DevOps Engineers, Systems Administrators, Release Managers
Lecture content/Topics (Camptocamp curriculum)
- Day 1:
- Configuration Management;
- Installing Puppet;
- Using Git;
- Installing Puppet Modules;
- Day 2:
- Puppet Classes;
- Puppet Resources;
- Puppet Language;
- Masterless Puppet;
- File Management;
- Day 3:
- External Node Classifiers;
- Best Practices.
- Public training in France or Switzerland: please contact us
- Private training: please contact us