Dear community and partners,
At the last Community & Partners meeting, Camptocamp participated to several workshops on various topics. One of them was on the reporting system of OpenERP; following this workshop, some conclusions have been drawn on which direction to follow. Mainly, we though that we needed a more powerful engine than RML (for better performance) as well as something more easy to use (to reduce costs).
Today, we do have such a solution, including all the requirements discussed together back in March !!
Camptocamp Business Solutions’ team is proud to announce the release of OpenERP WebKit Report as a module for the V5.0 of OpenERP. You can find it in the extra-addons branch as the module called "c2c_webkit_report". This newly released module includes the following main features:
- OpenERP Compliant (translation, formatLang, pdf/html output)
- HTML & CSS-3 Reports definition
- Multi-plateform (Windows, Linux, OS X)
- Multi-header support with full image support (per report and/or per company)
- Multi-company compliant
- Easy paper-size, margin and format selection
- And more : Raw HTML debugger, futur full integrated WYSIWYG editor, …
Watch the live demo here: http://files.me.com/nbessi/06n92k.mov
I want to thank all the participants for their contributions and the constructive work that has been done for drafting the specifications, particularly Nicolas Bessi who created this amazing module!
We are going to work hand-in-hand with OpenERP SA to integrate this new report engine into the core of the future version 6.0 of OpenERP. We hope, you will enjoy it!